
my life changed drastically. Well, probably not EXACTLY three years ago since I think it took a little while to sink in but three years ago today, I became a mom. There is no ‘trial’ period for becoming a mom. There is no practicum or training period; you are pregnant one day, and a mom the next. For me personally, it took a while to adjust to my new role. I was never completely responsible for another human being before besides myself. I was now the person in charge of feeding and making sure another person was happy even though I wasn’t really sure on how to do that. And it took me a while to find exactly the best way to do that. Before I was a mom my role was teacher, wife, and independent woman able to do as she pleased. Then I suddenly found myself staying at home, not really having a group of friends, not happy with my body, struggling to feed my baby, and most of the time tired. It took me a while to adjust to say the least.
But now, three years later I am at a totally different place. I couldn’t imagine working at this point, I have a group of friends, I am happy with my body and I can feed both of my children. My kids are the world to me. I couldn’t imagine my life without them. I love waking each morning to the sound of them and I love kissing them to bed each night. I feel like in a way that they have become who I am at this point. My world revolves around them and that is ok to me. My career can wait; I will never get this time back. We are building what we want our kids to become...
Let me just tell you a little about my three year old. :) I really make it an effort not to brag but I am going to give you a quote in a book I read once and I think it is so true,
But now, three years later I am at a totally different place. I couldn’t imagine working at this point, I have a group of friends, I am happy with my body and I can feed both of my children. My kids are the world to me. I couldn’t imagine my life without them. I love waking each morning to the sound of them and I love kissing them to bed each night. I feel like in a way that they have become who I am at this point. My world revolves around them and that is ok to me. My career can wait; I will never get this time back. We are building what we want our kids to become...
Let me just tell you a little about my three year old. :) I really make it an effort not to brag but I am going to give you a quote in a book I read once and I think it is so true,
‘There is only one beautiful child in the world and every mother has it.’
Isn’t it the truth?
I feel though that I have a beautiful, bright, energetic, obedient, polite and talented little boy. I really do. And I am just so damn proud of him. I honestly think he is the best thing going and so blessed to call him mine. I am so pleased with the little boy he is becoming. He is a hard worker, has an amazing imagination, is friendly and is always trying to please. He makes me laugh every day. The innocence of a child is a beautiful thing.
We celebrate his birth today. And I celebrate that I am his mother.
Isn’t it the truth?
I feel though that I have a beautiful, bright, energetic, obedient, polite and talented little boy. I really do. And I am just so damn proud of him. I honestly think he is the best thing going and so blessed to call him mine. I am so pleased with the little boy he is becoming. He is a hard worker, has an amazing imagination, is friendly and is always trying to please. He makes me laugh every day. The innocence of a child is a beautiful thing.
We celebrate his birth today. And I celebrate that I am his mother.
2 comments:
Jules, it is amazing to think how much life has changed in those three short years. I remember thinking almost your exact words when I got to the hospital to have Ben: you walk in a pregnant lady, and you walk out a mom. Nothing can prepare you for all that is in store. I remember thinking briefly on the day before Ben was born - I don't want him to come yet! I'm not done being.... well, ME. There have been days when I have had to dig prettttty deep to find the place where I enjoy being tied to such a tiny little person, and I still occasionally choke on the responsibility. I love to hear you talk about your kids because it gives me great things to look forward to.
I think you are an excellent mom.
I agree with you on so many things... I too could not imagine being anything else but mommy right now. The time just goes too fast and we can always teach again someday, but we will not have the opportunity to stay home with our babies forever. I treasure each moment too.
Post a Comment