Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Baby Parts

Daddy and Van in the pool
Van and some of his parts
So it's no secret that you love your baby's parts right? I just want to tell you a little about some of my favorites. I remember when Adam was born (and Van as well but I knew it would get better) but his skin wasn't that soft supple baby skin I was expecting. It was sort of wrinkly and dry and he didn't want to be naked for any amount of time. But then that gradually changed. I love soft baby skin! I don't know when it changes to 'normal people skin' but I hope not for a while. Adam's skin is still so soft and I just love to touch it.
I love the little 'dimples' on baby knuckles. Van didn't get his for a while, and I have even seen adults have them but they aren't as appealing. Aren't they the cutest things on babies? And I love how Van's fingers start out small on top and gradually get fatter as you get towards the knuckle. Adam's don't do that anymore.
Baby feet are also on everyone's list. What is the deal with them? I personally think they are the cutest things going and I thought about it one day and I wondered if it is because they are so small? But the thing is, so is EVERYTHING else on the baby. Baby toes and feet are so so cute though. I love to kiss and bite Van's little feet.
You know when you are so pregnant that you can't even see your private parts anymore? Well, I have decided that I don't think Van has ever seen his. He knows they are there, he checks for them at every diaper change but I don't' think he has ever seen them because he has a large protruding belly. Now I know this is the child that weighs as much as our six month old neighbor (for real) but he does have a large belly. Or a puss gut as Chip refers to it. Nice huh? But I love to kiss and blow raspberries on his belly.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Awwww.

I know just what you mean. I have always had an obsession with all things miniature (just ask Josh); i.e., a tiny cell phone, or a matchbox car that has alllll the details of the real thing, mini staplers/scissors/tape dispensers... yeah, it's dumb. BUT anyway, Josh told me when I was pregnant, "You wait - you are going to LOVE this kid - he is going to be your own little miniature person!" and of course I love my Ben, but I also do love that he is a perfect adult body, shrunken. Ha.

He has those dimples on his hands, too - so cute. He used to have reallllly long fingers, but it seems his palms have grown. And I have yet to get a good shot of his feet, because he is always kicking them wildly!

Just today I made Josh feel his skin. Me: FEEL it! (Josh: I know, it's soft.) Me: Yeah, but FEEL it - it's SO silky smooth... ha ha.

Beth said...

Oh, and I LOVE the first pic of Chip with Van in the pool!

Alana Goldstein said...

Great Picture!
I agree with you on the baby toes and feet. Oh and the dimples too!