Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Apple Picking





Yesterday we went apple picking with a bunch of people. My one friend called me up and asked if we wanted to go and she also rounded up a bunch of her other friends. We had a BLAST! We didn't need apples because every year this man comes and hunts on our farm, he gives us a HUGE box of apples. But I just didn't want to pass up the opportunity and I am glad we didn't. My mom said she would take the apples and the boys were happy to pick them.
We went to Hurd's Family Farm. Here is the link for you local people if you are interested:
It is near New Paltz.
When we got there, we had a hayride booked for 11:00, they weren't exactly ready for us so they showed the kids a bunch of different vegs, fruits, roots and leaves. Then they let us go and pick a few raspberries to snack on. You can see Van doing that in the first picture. They were soooo yummy!
We went on our hayride and they dropped us off to get our apples. We walked back and then had our picnic lunches. There was a small petting zoo, a large play area, this big tube slide thing, a corn maze, and then more toys to play with inside the barn. We really had a wonderful day and I am so glad my friend asked us to tag along.
Oh, the highlight of the trip for Adam was the 'white' pumpkin. I should have gotten a picture. He was so amazed at the white pumpkins that were there, I let him bring home a small one. He wanted to sleep with it last night but we told him he had to keep it on is dresser.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love this post! So cute!

I love that Adam wanted to sleep with the pumpkin. Sounds like you had a great day!

Sarah said...

I love both of the boys faces in the picture where they are eating apples!