Monday, October 20, 2008

The Furman Family is expanding!!

Yes my dear blogger friends, we will be having a new addition to our family in April! This is a sono picture that was taken today, I will be 13 weeks pregnant tomorrow. It is really amazing to see the little person inside of you.

This is my fourth pregnancy and I have come to realize a few things along the way. Each time, no matter which pregnancy it is, I am always very excited and very nervous at the same time. As I mentioned in one of my posts a long time ago, I really really love being pregnant. I feel great, I love knowing I am growing a little person inside of me and I just think the entire process, conception to delivery, it really the most amazing thing ever. I mean you should have seen this kid 6 weeks ago, it was just a little peanut, that is what it looked like literally and now it is a real person with arms and fingers. We saw it all. I can't wait to go again in about 5 more weeks and see the latest developments.

Something that is particularly fun about this pregnancy is that I have a few very close friends that are pregnant as well. My one dear friend has been in my life since high school. We were each others maid of honors (if that is how you say it.) We still live in the same school district so our kids will go to school together. This is something I am very much looking forward to. My other friend has a son Adam's age, a daughter Van's age and will have another the same age as this baby. All of our kids will go to school together as well. I really like to develop a strong friend base for my kids. And I have another friend that shares the exact same due date!!! What are the chances of that? Oh, I don't know 1/365. And the funny thing is, we will be delivering at the same hospital. I would so love to have her down the hall, that would be the best.

So that is our latest news. We are all very excited. We haven't really told Adam yet. I want to wait to find out what it is. He has been bugging us for a girl baby for probably a year now. I don't really want to burst his bubble, plus, I am hardly showing, he won't really understand. April is a long time away for a little guy. :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Woo woo! I am so excited for you!!

I have been feeling 'girl' for you. Do you have any feeling?

I can't believe how much the baby LOOKS like a baby at 12 weeks! I had a 10 week, a 20 week, and a 37 week ultrasound... the 10 week one was a blob.

So excited!

Julie said...

I'm feeling girl too, it just feels a little different. The heartrates are WAY off though. At 7 weeks it was 143 and yesterday it was 173. The tech told me you can laugh or eat something different and the heartrate changes though. We will find out soon enough. I am still hoping for that boy.

Erin A said...

Everything looks great Julie. This is so exciting. If you have a boy, our boys can be BF's, if you have a girl...who knows what may happen!

Poley said...

Congrats! It's amazing that all 3of our children will be in school together! We told Dylan when I was 12 weeks that he was getting a new brother or sister and he asks everyday "when is the new baby going to get here already????"--It makes for a looooonnng wait! Adam and Van are such a great pair together, I'm sure you can't wait to see how they are with another sibling!