Sunday, October 12, 2008

'Camping'






When Adam talks about 'camping' he means roasting marshmallows. We can make a little fire in our driveway and roast them over that and he thinks we are camping. So when we came home from Bear Mountain today and Mama asked him if he wanted to go camping, he was very excited. My sister in law and her husband and 3 kids are down from Penn Yan for the weekend. We decided to go out to our pond, do a little paddle boating, and cook hot dogs and smores on the campfire. To say that the leaves were gorgeous is an understatement. This is my favorite time of year for sure. We drove the truck out back with some kids in the back, some on four wheelers and dogs along for the trip. The kids had fun catching frogs and fish and the dogs had fun swimming. I love days like these.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too! I love walking in the woods behind our house, but this looks 10 times better! I'm sure it was a beautiful day for you guys! How fun:)