Friday, October 31, 2008

The 'awkward' stage


I feel like I am in the awkward stage of pregnancy. I am sure some of you out there know what I am talking about. Is she pregnant? Is she trying to look pregnant? Is she trying to hide that she is pregnant? That is how I feel at this point. It seems like with all of my pregnancies, around the time that is 'safe to tell' I feel this way. Most people will tell me, oh you don't look pregnant. This past weekend I got 'Three months my ass!' Well I am a little over 14 weeks at this point and this is what I look like.


I went to the doctors today. Call me crazy but I LOVE going to the Dr when I am pregnant. I am not sure why, I guess I just like to hear the baby's heartbeat or get the latest update, I am not sure. And they don't really do much but I always enjoy going. So today I gained one pound since last time, which is all I have gained so far. And I heard the baby's heartbeat which was 150. I think Van's was 153 at this point. I looked it up when I came home and now I forgot already! And I got a prescription for the sono to find out what the baby is as well as to look at all the other important things that they look at. So the week of Thanksgiving or the week afterwards I should go for that. I just need to find out my husband's work schedule which seems to change day to day and I will make the appointment. A funny thing that happened today was when the doctor was checking the heartbeat, the baby gave him a big kick. I didn't know that it did, the doctor told me. I think in the next couple of weeks here, I will be able to feel it move. So fun! I love being pregnant! :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

SO fun! I remember feeling just kind of bloated/chubby. And I couldn't WAIT to actually *look* pregnant. Like, no doubt - pregnant.

I LOVED the prenatal appointments too. :)

Alana Goldstein said...

It is so much fun isn't it? I remember being so happy around 5-6 months when I finally loooked pregnant.
You look great!