Friday, October 31, 2008

My Dear Boy


Adam has really been cracking me up lately. Here are some things he has been doing that I don't want to forget.


For some reason, he has told us his new name is Ba-Loke-ta-hurst. Now if any of you have heard of this character, seen it on TV, etc, let me know. We have no idea where it has come from but we think it is pretty funny. What a name! It sounds like something out of Harry Potter or something to me.


The Radio City Christmas Show Spectacular commercial has been on TV lately. We have told him that he will be going to the show in a few weeks. He is very excited 'to see the kicking'. And every time after the commercial, he proceeds to kick like a Rockette. I wouldn't doubt it if after the show, he kicks for random strangers. He has been very outgoing lately.


With that said, a lot of people from church have been saying he should be a politician. He walks up to anyone, shakes their hand and has a conversation with them. Last Sunday he was showing everyone his belt. At library hour it's pretty much the same thing. The librarian says he needs a stage. As soon as we walk in and the other children are playing, he walks up to the librarian and proceeds to tell her our life story. This week was all about the snow and the toys he has lost and can't find. Then he goes on to show her his Halloween socks. He is very comfortable with people, I just can't imagine what will be said next year at Pre-K.


He knows we are going to have another baby now, I think he has just overheard. Last week he went to a dinner with my mother in law and was telling everyone that Mommy has a baby in her belly and it will be coming out at Easter time- his exact words. A few days ago though, bless his little heart, he was patting my belly and talking to the baby. He asks us about everyday if it is a girl or boy baby. He was patting it and saying to it, you stay in there baby, you can't come out at Christmas time, you have to come out at Easter! Then last night he noticed it was a little bigger and asked if there was a baby in there and I said yes. Then he said, but what's in your boo-boos? I told him that milk was getting ready for the baby. He cracks me up though, the sweet little thing.

2 comments:

Benjamin Harding said...

That is an incredible post! What a boy! :-)
-Marji

Beth said...

I love this picture of Adam, and I think this post is just how I think of him. Outgoing, comfortable... able to converse with adults. He is such a good kid!

And I love his question about your boo-boos!!