
Ok, this really has nothing to do with anything but I just wanted to share with you a magazine I LOVE and I have loved it for probably at least 10 years now. It is called..... guesses anyone??? Taste of Home. I am going to put the website on too:
My mom used to get this magazine when I was growing up and when I got married, she has sent me a subscription ever since. Since we have been married for over 6 years, I have over six years worth of magazines stored under my television-holder-thing. They publish a magazine every two months and everything comes with complete directions and ratings and everything. Every issue has something delicious I want to make. Whenever I get into a slump with cooking, I pull them out and make some new things. This summer I made this 'meaty manicotti' and it was a big hit. Also I made these potato wedges as a side dish and they are one of our staples now. Whenever I do coffee hour at church I pull them out as well. We have coffee hour in a couple of weeks and I remember last year i made this cheese ball in the shape of a pumpkin with the middle of a celery stalk coming out of the center of the pumpkin as the stem. I wanted to find that recipe again because I want to make it for my Halloween party so I pulled out all the 'October/November' issues. I just fell in love with the magazine again and marked all these pages that I want to make. One was this stuffed flank steak, it looked so good, and another they took biscuits and cut them to look like Halloween faces and then put burger in the middle, pinched them to make little pockets and baked them. So clever! So if you are ever in a cooking or baking stump, I recommend this magazine. I use them more than cook books.
No comments:
Post a Comment