Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Party








We had our Halloween party this past Saturday. If I had to say how it went, I would give it an 'OK'. It POURED all day. Not just a little rain but a downpour all day. And that meant we couldn't do the hayride which is really OK. I mean the kids were 2,3, and 4 at the oldest, they didn't know what they were missing anyway, but I was still looking forward to that. And also, that was going to take about a half an hour. We had the party in our upstairs garage. I have decided if I ever want anything done, I need to have a party. Isn't that always the way though? I really cleaned my house knowing that people were going to use the bathroom. I am sure they weren't going to go into my living room but just in case, I dusted and vacuumed and cleaned off my canisters in the kitchen and everything. It's so nice to have a clean house. And my husband and father in law went to town in the garage as well. They took bags and bags of things to the dump and cleaned all around the entrance of the garage. It looks great.
But anyway, initially I had invited twenty kids and I knew a few couldn't come to begin with. But with the weather a few more didn't come as well so we had about 10 I think. And as you can see the kids were in costumes. Adam had his on for the picture but you can't really do the donut game with it on or play with the kids. And when Van wakes up from his nap, he isn't really into compromising so he didn't wear a costume at all. But all the other kids had one on. The kids pretty much just played and ate and they were totally fine with that. I just felt like I should have had some more structured activities but like I said, I didn't plan on the hayride not happening. But all in all, the kids had a good time, the parents said they had fun, so that's all that really matters right? This is a beginning of a tradition just as it was when my husband was a child, so I am sure there will be plenty of time for hayrides and other things.


2 comments:

Beth said...

Ooh, fun! So Chip had Halloween parties all the time growing up? Cute. Maybe when Ben is older we will make the trip, just for a hayride. :)

Alana Goldstein said...

So bummed that we missed this! At least we did not miss the hayride. BP was so looking forward to that. So was her daddy!