Friday, October 31, 2008

Van- who has a mind of his own


Ahhhh..... Van..... boy do I love him. Thinking about him always makes me smile. He is one of a kind this child. He has started talking more lately. Here are some of the things he says:


my favorite- Mimi (that's for me, as in Mom) :) How cute!!??

Daddy

Papa

Mama (what we call Grandma)

Patty

no Patty

hay

done

apple

cheese

owl (he loves birds)

boot

hat

hot

boo (for ghost)

moo (for cow)


And more, I just can't think of right now.


The obsession for books has caught on. Adam has always loved books and now Van does as well. As soon as you sit down on the couch, he goes over to the book shelf and pulls out book upon book and brings them to you to read. This is a good thing, it will boost his language and I want him to love books just as his brother does. Neither one will pass up a good story.


I know I have said this before but Van is just a little dare devil. Last week I had to call poison control and I thought about calling again yesterday, not knowing if he ingested something or not. You can leave nothing out or he will find it and get into it. We have had to change the dog's eating time now because he he is constantly trying to feed her and be right with her when she is eating. The boys get each other going that's for sure. Adam will do something, knowing that Van will do it as well and then Van won't stop for example, turning the light switches on and off or jumping on the furniture. This is my boy. Perfect as an infant, but has a mind of his own as a toddler!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like he has had his 'word burst'!